Call Now : 0422 964 333
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
TPB approved BAS Agent Course included in Nationally Recognised Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping Qualification!
Unlimited same-day study support from a dedicated tutor via live online support sessions, student discussion forums, email and phone.
The online bookkeeping course is designed and delivered by qualified trainers and assessors who are accounting and bookkeeping industry experts.
Enrol anytime and commence studies at your convenience. Plan your own study time around a schedule that suits you!
Xero & MYOB Business training and access included with the course.
Sale price $960 (upfront payment); or
$1,210 (with payment plan option)
Bookkeeping Course Overview
Accounting and Bookkeeping is a versatile industry that can provide the opportunity to work in many fields along with a promising career.
Heed Education’s bookkeeping course is a nationally recognised qualification and comes with Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved BAS Agent Course. This Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping qualification is ideal for anyone looking at a change in career to be an accountant or bookkeeper and perform duties such as:
- Preparing and lodging Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Prepare and process payroll
- Learn to record and process accounts receivable and payable transactions
- Develop an understanding of manual bookkeeping transactions
- Prepare and record month-end and year-end journals
- Reconcile accounts
- Complete month-end and year-end reporting
- Learn and develop intermediate Excel skills
- Prepare operational reports, budgets and complete other bookkeeping tasks in line with business policies and procedures.
With Heed Education’s Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, you will learn the basics of accounting and bookkeeping along with learning two accounting software (MYOB and Xero) to open a pathway to employment opportunities or start your own flourishing bookkeeping business. This bookkeeping course also provides a pathway to Diploma of Accounting qualification.
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping Online
Embark on your journey towards excellence in accounting and bookkeeping with Heed Education’s Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping online course. This nationally accredited program is meticulously designed to provide you with the essential skills and knowledge needed in today’s financial landscape. With the flexibility of online learning and expert guidance, you can achieve your Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping on your terms. Take the first step towards a successful career in accounting and bookkeeping with Heed Education’s comprehensive online course. Heed Education’s Certificate IV in Accounting and bookkeeping is offered online and includes Tax Practitioners Board approved BAS Agent Skill Set.
Cert 4 Accounting and Bookkeeping
Unlock a world of opportunities in the field of accounting and bookkeeping with Heed Education’s comprehensive ‘Cert 4 Accounting and Bookkeeping’ program. Our nationally accredited course, detailed on our webpage [https://www.heededucation.com.au/certificate-iv-in-accounting-and-bookkeeping/], is designed to provide you with the foundational skills and knowledge essential for success in the bookkeeping industry. With the flexibility of online learning and guidance from industry experts, you can attain your Cert 4 Accounting and bookkeeping while studying online with unparalleled support offered by Heed Education’s trainers and assessors. Take the first step towards a rewarding career in accounting and bookkeeping today with Heed Education. Learn to prepare BAS and process payroll while using Xero and MYOB accounting software.
With Heed Education’s online bookkeeping course, individuals course can pursue numerous career pathways, including but not limited to:
- Account Administrator
- Accounts Officer
- Accounts Supervisor
- Inventory Clerk
- Payroll Officer
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- BAS agent (additional requirements apply, please see here for more information)
Dedicated Trainer Support
With Heed Education, students receive unlimited and dedicated study support from their trainers and assessors. We endeavour to offer same-day study support from a dedicated trainer and assessor via live online support sessions, student discussion forums, emails and phone calls. Our trainers and assessors are also available for support outside of office hours and at weekends on request. Our Student Testimonials speak for themselves.
Heed Education offers this course Australia wide, including New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania.
|FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping|
|Case studies (simulated work environment), written question and answers, exam, projects, reports, third party report, observation, skills and knowledge tests.|
|If you have acquired the relevant skills and knowledge through work experience, employment and other life experience, then you may be eligible for RPL. All students where permissible have the opportunity to apply for RPL with Heed Education. Kindly get in touch with Heed Education Prior to enrolment to discuss your options.|
|Heed Education recognises Statement(s) of Attainment and qualifications issued by other Registered Training Organisations and offers Credit Transfers for the units completed. Kindly get in touch with Heed Education Prior to enrolment to discuss your options.|
|Heed Education (RTO# 45064)|
Pre-requisite and entry requirement
Please note there is no formal education or entry requirement for this course but before commencement of the course, students shall be requested by Heed Education to complete a short Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) online test along with a Work Health and Safety Assessment.
Students should hold one of the following:
- Australian citizenship
- Australian permanent residency
- A valid visa for domestic study without study limitations
Minimum age entry requirement is 15 years.
Computer specification and requirement
To complete an online self-paced course (distance learning environment), students will require the following resources:
- A functional computer/laptop (Windows or Mac) with currently supported version of Windows or Mac Operating System;
- Computer/laptop installed Microsoft office 2010 or above;
- In-built speaker & microphone or external headsets;
A significant portion of the course is completed through online learning hence students are expected to have the following computer/digital skills:
- File Management: create and manage computer files (Microsoft Office, PDF documents, audio, video files etc.) including how to find, download, copy, rename, recover, print, scan and organize your files;
- Use of internet and email (including selecting and using web browsers, and using email);
- Use of cloud storage solutions (For e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive).
Please note Heed Education staff are not able to provide technical support regarding system setting and essential computer management and maintenance tasks.
Textbooks are required to be purchased from the nominated suppliers to complete a course with Heed Education. The total cost will vary depending on following factors:
- Personalised training plans and unit allocation as some of our diploma/Cert IV units do not require a textbook purchase.
- Choice of e-text or textbook (hard copy).
Average cost per textbook is $40. Textbook purchase information (discount codes, supplier detail etc.) is provided at the time of enrolment.
Students are provided access to the learning support material, assessment and any supporting documents with supplementary information via online learning platform upon enrolment.
Exam for TPB approved units
Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved units include an exam component, which needs to be independently supervised. Students are required to arrange for an independent supervisor if they have not completed an assessment in a supervised classroom environment at Heed Education’s classroom.
If a student is unable to arrange an exam supervisor, then Heed Education can arrange supervision via their virtual classroom e.g. Zoom/Click Meetings. An additional cost may apply. Kindly refer to the Additional Fees and Charges section in the Student Handbook.
The supervisor can be a person of responsibility e.g. a Justice of the Peace, Practicing Accountant (CA/CPA/registered BAS/Tax Agent), Police Officer, Doctor, Nurse, Lawyer, Trainer and Assessor/teacher etc. The supervisor MUST NOT be a family member, friend, reside with the student or have a close personal or professional relationship with the student.
To nominate an exam supervisor:
- the student selects and arranges to nominate a supervisor.
- student arranges for mutually suitable date/time for their exam with the nominated supervisor;
- both the student and the supervisor complete the Exam Supervisor Nomination Form (available in the Learning Management system); and
- student submits the completed Exam Supervisor Nomination Form to Heed Education via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one week PRIOR to the exam date.
- Time allowed: 3 hours for each unit exam.
- Exam format: The exam is in the format of an online test that contains a mix of short answer questions, multiple-choice and calculation questions (similar to assessment questions.
- Permitted materials: Student is permitted to use all the unit resources during their exam e.g., textbooks (electronic or book form), notes, calculators, stationery, computer/laptop, internet access.
Exams must be completed within the course duration.
Heed Education’s Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is approved by Services Australia (Centrelink) for ABSTUDY/AUSTUDY allowance. If you would be looking at accessing ABSTUDY/AUSTUDY allowance, then it is recommended to check your eligibility with Services Australia (Centrelink) prior to enrolment.
Training for the following skills is included as part of Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course with Heed Education:
- Xero accounting software
- MYOB Business accounting software
- Microsoft Excel
Students also have the option to complete their training using just Xero and/or MYOB Business accounting software.
With the completion of Heed Education’s Bookkeeping course using Xero, students are able to complete Xero Advisor certification and Xero payroll certification. Heed Education provides access to Xero accounting software to facilitate Xero Advisor certification and Xero payroll certification.
Access to Xero & MYOB Business accounting software (student edition) is included as part of the course.
Students can choose to pay upfront or take advantage of our payment plan option. The payment of course fees can be made to Heed Education via:
Upfront payment of $960 payable via Direct Deposit (EFT) or Credit/Debit card*
Payment plan with $190 deposit and $30 x 34 weekly instalments are payable via direct debit.
Note: Under the payment plan option a fee of $250 is added to the course cost.
*An additional 3% surcharge on Credit/Debit card payment is applicable for option 1.
Heed Education’s Cert IV in Accounting & Bookkeeping includes Xero & MYOB Business accounting software training and TPB approved BAS Agent Skill Set. Developed by industry experts. Offered online with dedicated trainer support & online tutorials.
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40222) in Australia