Call Now : 0422 964 333
TPB approved BAS Agent course.
Unlimited same-day study support from a dedicated tutor via live online support sessions, student discussion forums, email and phone.
The course is designed and delivered by qualified trainers and assessors who are accounting and bookkeeping industry experts.
You are invited to like our Facebook page @Heededucation for announcements on workshops and webinars on accounting, bookkeeping and business topics conducted by industry experts.
Look forward to meeting you there!
This Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved BAS Agent course is designed for learners to attain skills required for preparing and lodging business activity statements and payroll work. This is a nationally recognised Skill Set and is ideal for bookkeepers who already have work experience in the field or require a qualification to work in the Bookkeeping industry and register with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). The units provide credit towards:
- FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping.
Heed Education’s self-paced course allows you to start anytime and study online at your convenience. This skill set is completed with Xero accounting software.
|FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set|
|Case studies, written question and answers, exam, projects, reports, third party report, observation, skills and knowledge tests.|
|Heed Education (RTO#45064)|
|Tax Practitioners Board (TPB)|
Pre-requisite and entry requirement
Please note there is no formal education or entry requirement for this course but before commencement of the course, students shall be requested by Heed Education to complete a short Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) online test along with a Work Health and Safety Assessment.
Students should hold one of the following:
- Australian citizenship
- Australian permanent residency
- A valid visa for domestic study without study limitations
Minimum age entry requirement is 15 years.
Computer specification and requirement
- To complete an online self-paced course (distance learning environment), a student will require the following resources:
- A functional computer/laptop (Windows or Mac) with currently supported version of Windows or Mac Operating System;
- Computer/laptop installed Microsoft office 2010 or above;
- In-built speaker & microphone or external headsets;
- To complete a classroom-based course (blended learning environment), the student is required to bring (bring your own device) the following resources to the classroom as Heed Education does not provide electronic device:
- A functional laptop (Windows or Mac) with currently supported version of Windows or Mac Operating System;
- Laptop installed with Microsoft office 2010 or above;
- In-built speaker & microphone or external headsets;
- Any required cables or chargers;
- Backup device (USB/External hard drive).
A significant portion of the course is completed through online learning hence students are expected to have the following computer/digital skills:
- File Management: create and manage computer files (Microsoft Office, PDF documents, audio, video files etc.) including how to find, download, copy, rename, recover, print, scan and organize your files;
- Use of internet and email (including selecting and using web browsers, and using email);
- Use of cloud storage solutions (For e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive).
Please note Heed Education staff are not able to provide technical support regarding system setting and essential computer management and maintenance tasks.
Textbooks are required to be purchased from the nominated supplier to complete a course with Heed Education. The textbook cost* can be between $59 to $90 (approx.) based on your choice of either electronic or paperback copy format.
Textbook purchase information including supplier detail, discount codes (if applicable) etc. is provided at the time of enrolment.
Students are provided access to the learning support material, assessment and any supporting documents with supplementary information via online learning platform upon enrolment.
*The textbook cost may vary at the publisher’s discretion.
Exam for TPB approved units
Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved units include an exam component, which needs to be independently supervised. Students are required to arrange for an independent supervisor if they have not completed an assessment in a supervised classroom environment at Heed Education’s classroom.
If a student is unable to arrange an exam supervisor, then Heed Education can arrange supervision via their virtual classroom e.g. Zoom/Click Meetings. An additional cost may apply. Kindly refer to the Additional Fees and Charges section in the Student Handbook.
The supervisor can be a person of responsibility e.g. a Justice of the Peace, Practicing Accountant (CA/CPA/registered BAS/Tax Agent), Police Officer, Doctor, Nurse, Lawyer, Trainer and Assessor/teacher etc. The supervisor MUST NOT be a family member, friend, reside with the student or have a close personal or professional relationship with the student.
To nominate an exam supervisor:
- the student selects and arranges to nominate a supervisor.
- student arranges for mutually suitable date/time for their exam with the nominated supervisor;
- both the student and the supervisor complete the Exam Supervisor Nomination Form (available in the Learning Management system); and
- student submits the completed Exam Supervisor Nomination Form to Heed Education via email (email@example.com) at least one week PRIOR to the exam date.
- Time allowed: 3 hours for each unit exam.
- Exam format: The exam is in the format of an online test that contains a mix of short answer questions, multiple-choice and calculation questions (similar to assessment questions.
- Permitted materials: Student is permitted to use all the unit resources during their exam e.g., textbooks (electronic or book form), notes, calculators, stationery, computer/laptop, internet access.
Exams must be completed within the course duration.
BAS Agent Skill Set
|Complete business activity and instalment activity statements|
|Establish and maintain payroll systems|
Course Price $600 (upfront payment): or
$850 (with payment plan option)
Students can choose to pay upfront or take advantage of our payment plan option. The payment of course fees can be made to Heed Education via:
Upfront payment of $600 payable via Direct Deposit (EFT) or Credit/Debit card*
Payment plan with $400 deposit and $37.50 x 12 weekly instalments are payable via direct debit.
Note: Under the payment plan option a fee of $250 is added to the course cost.