Call Now : 0422 964 333
Accounting Principles Skill Set is an entry requirement to Diploma of Accounting FNS50217 qualification. This course consists of 7 units. If you have completed Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615) or Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215) or Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) then you may be eligible to enrol in our Diploma of Accounting with transfer of credits for some of the units.
Heed Education offers this course Australia wide, including New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania.
|FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set|
|Case studies, written question and answers, projects, reports, third party report, observation, skill and knowledge tests.|
|Heed Education (RTO#45064)|
Pre-requisite and entry requirement
Please note there is no formal education or entry requirement for this course but before commencement of the course, students shall be requested by Heed Education to complete a short Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) online test along with a Work Health and Safety Assessment.
Students should hold one of the following:
- Australian citizenship
- Australian permanent residency
- A valid visa for domestic study without study limitations
Minimum age entry requirement is 15 years.
Computer specification and requirement
To complete an online self-paced course (distance learning environment), student will require the following resources:
- A functional computer/laptop (Windows or Mac**) with currently supported version of Windows or Mac Operating System;
- Computer/laptop installed Microsoft office 2010 or above;
- In-built speaker & microphone or external headsets;
**Mac users: For MYOB related units, students will need to install and use ‘Parallels’ or similar software i.e. an emulator installed to allow the Mac to run Windows programs as data files are supplied in Windows format.
A significant portion of the course is completed through online learning hence students are expected to have the following computer/digital skills:
- File Management: create and manage computer files (Microsoft Office, PDF documents, audio, video files etc.) including how to find, download, copy, rename, recover, print, scan and organize your files;
- Use of internet and email (including selecting and using web browsers, and using email);
- Use of cloud storage solutions (For e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive).
Please note Heed Education staff are not able to provide technical support regarding system setting and essential computer management and maintenance tasks.
Textbooks are required to be purchased from the nominated suppliers to complete a course with Heed Education. The total cost will vary depending on the following factors:
- Personalised training plans and unit allocation as some of our diploma/Cert IV units do not require a textbook purchase.
- Choice of e-text or textbook (hard copy).
The average cost per textbook is $35. Textbook purchase information (discount codes, supplier detail etc.) is provided at the time of enrolment.
Students are provided access to the learning support material, assessment and any supporting documents with supplementary information via online learning platform upon enrolment.
Exam for TPB approved units
Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved units include an exam component, which needs to be independently supervised. Students are required to arrange for an independent supervisor.
If a student is unable to arrange an exam supervisor, then Heed Education can arrange supervision via their virtual classroom e.g. Zoom/Click Meetings. An additional cost may apply. Kindly refer to the Additional Fees and Charges section in the Student Handbook.
The supervisor can be a person of responsibility e.g. a Justice of the Peace, Practicing Accountant (CA/CPA/registered BAS/Tax Agent), Police Officer, Doctor, Nurse, Lawyer, Trainer and Assessor/teacher etc. The supervisor MUST NOT be a family member, friend, reside with the student or have a close personal or professional relationship with the student.
To nominate an exam supervisor:
- the student selects and arranges to nominate a supervisor.
- student arranges for mutually suitable date/time for their exam with the nominated supervisor;
- both the student and the supervisor complete the Exam Supervisor Nomination Form (available in the Learning Management system); and
- student submits the completed Exam Supervisor Nomination Form to Heed Education via email (email@example.com) at least one week PRIOR to the exam date.
- Time allowed: 3 hours for each unit exam.
- Exam format: The exam is in the format of an online test that contains a mix of short answer questions, multiple-choice and calculation questions (similar to assessment questions.
- Permitted materials: Student is permitted to use all the unit resources during their exam e.g., textbooks (electronic or book form), notes, calculators, stationery, computer/laptop, internet access.
Exams must be completed within the course duration.
Accounting Principles Skill Set
|Process financial transactions and extract interim reports|
|Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers|
|Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry|
|Set up and operate a computerised accounting system|
|Complete business activity and instalment activity statements|
|Establish and maintain payroll systems|
|Prepare Financial Reports|
Online Learning – Self Paced
Sale Price: $800 (upfront payment); or
$1,050 (with payment plan option)
Students can choose to pay upfront or take advantage of our payment plan option. The payment of course fees can be made to Heed Education via:
Upfront payment of $800 payable via Direct Deposit (EFT) or Credit/Debit card*
Payment plan with $400 deposit and $27.08 x 24 weekly instalments are payable via direct debit.
Note: Under the payment plan option a fee of $250 is added to the course cost.
*An additional 3% surcharge on Credit/Debit card payment is applicable for option 1.
Training for the following skills is included as part of the Accounting Principles Skill Set:
- Xero accounting software.
- MYOB accounting software.
Students also have the option to complete their training using Xero accounting software only.
Access to Xero & MYOB accounting software (student edition) included as part of the course.
TPB approved BAS Agent Course included in Accounting Principles Skill Set.
Unlimited same-day study support from a dedicated tutor via live online support sessions, student discussion forums, email and phone.
The course is designed and delivered by qualified trainers and assessors who are accounting and bookkeeping industry experts.
Heed Education’s Accounting Principles Skill Set includes Xero & MYOB accounting software training and TPB approved BAS Agent Skill Set. This course is a pathway to Cert IV in Bookkeeping & Diploma of Accounting.
Accounting Principles Skill Set | Online Accounting Course In Australia